 Space / 1937
Re: My NEW Lego site!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 21:05:46 GMT

In lugnet.space, Matthew Moulton writes:
In lugnet.space, Mike Petrucelli writes:

Don't forget the Photon Torpedos that totally wreck a ship, with all the • power
of a hand gernade. (Ever seen Star Trek 5. "Fire a torpedo on my position."
Then JUMPS out of the way.)  Seriously though Star Trek weapons are junk.
Those self replicating mines are a good idea but are way too weak to be
effective against a real military vessel. (A Star Destroyer for example.)

Uh oh, I don't think we should start that debate in here...LOL

Ya that would be for lugnet.off-topic.debate

My explanation
is that while they share similar names the actual tech specs are completely
different.

Ah.  Well that is good to know.  The tech specs would have a single Star
Destroyer wiping out the entire fleet at Wolf 359, including the Borg Cube.

That would be a cool fight though...The Enterprise vs The Super
Star Destroyer...he he he...

An Imperial Star Destroyer would be total overkill let alone an SSD.

http://www.fortunecity.com/tatooine/sputnik/86/sw_vs_st.html

I have some nano-fig scale modles here to illustrate this.  These were
originally created for the benifit of the newsgroup alt.startrek.vs.starwars.

I suppose the Star Trek universe never heard of redundancy or fuse
boxes.

Maybe in the Star Trek universe they never invented fuse boxes...-ZAP- "Dammit
Martha, you were running the clothes dryer and the washing machine at the same
time again, weren't you?  Now I'm gonna have to rewire the whole dang house!"

LOL

-Lord Insanity.