 Space / 1929
Re: My NEW Lego site!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 22:39:29 GMT

In lugnet.space, Joel Kuester writes:

Hi!

I really like what you have here.

Thanks!

I love the little stuff like the guns and
the mines (I really must steal that design BTW)

:) Go for it, there's lots more to come too.

and the ships are pretty good
from what I can tell.  Since you do a lot of modeling in black, they are
extremely dark, and the detail is lost somewhat.  I recommend buying a large
white poster board and doing the photography outside in bright sunlight.

Yah, I think maybe I need to get a new camera too, the one I have doesn't take
close up shots very well, they all turn out blurry.  The big thing is waiting
for a bright sunny day, it's been kinda cloudy lately.

Thats my only suggestion tho (although I heartily agree with the guy that said
you should drop the Trek technology).  Keep up the good work!

Well I like some of the names, doesn't mean they work the same or anything,
technically I could be copying Nasa as they keep stealing Star Trek names and
applying them to their own stuff, and it seems to work okay (with the
exception of the Mars polar lander, but hey, I'm sure that was just a fluke).

Are you going to set up your page like a tech company?  If so, when I get my
Black Cresecent Staryards page up I want to link to your page as our small
arms supplier, is that ok?

cheers!
Joel Kuester
http://minispy.tripod.com

That's fine with me, I've actually considered selling Lego weapons and
stuff...like for real.  Like if a person wanted they could buy like 20 or 30
replication mines, or weapons arrays, that sort of thing.  Not sure if people
would be really interested in it though.

The big thing I want to do is to start making instructions but so far the Lego
programs I've tried don't work so well...at least for me.  I found LeoCad to
be the best but I still had a terrible time trying to get things to line up
correctly and on the same plane, and that was just trying to make like
weapons, never mind the ships.  I think maybe if I play with it enough though
everyday I'll eventually get the hang of it.  I figure that would be better
than taking pictures because then I can do it in various colors and you can
even see how to build it.

If I do get good I might try making real Lego designs, but that makes me
wonder...is that copyright infringement?  I mean if I take a brand new set,
and recreate the instructions using LeoCad...is it violating copyright?

-Matthew