 Space / 14786
Re: Announcing the 2nd Annual Space Set Design and Building Contest -- Part II: Ice Planet 2002!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 04:12:30 GMT

In lugnet.space, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.space, Richard Marchetti writes:
Thanks for the new submission, Joseph!

In case anyone wonders about it, the other Variants thing is NOT a contest
as far as I can tell, but an ongoing exhibition running concurrently to our
contest.  Therefore I have cleared Joseph's entry as not violating any of
the rules of our contest.  Should someone have a vehement objection to my
decision on the matter please contact me with an explanation of your
position, otherwise let's consider it a settled question.  I post this
explanation to show that the justice of The Ice Worm is the justice of the
"open hand".

I wasn't aware it was even an issue! I had planned to do just what Joseph
did but I've been beaten to the punch. May do it anyway as it's a neat idea.

hehe well I had wondered if it broke clause #1. I got this idea after
looking at some new ip entries and then right away checking out the new 1592
island theme. The mental leap wasn't too far from there. It was just a
matter of resources then. I don't have a tonne of authentic IcePlanet stuff
to some serious trans orange action. So my take on it is quite conservative,
sort of a paint by numbers for the main buildings and I could get more
creative with the smaller elements. The room is definitly there to do a more
authentic Ice Planet one like the classic space version which isn't the set
done in grey hehe. Also my current lack of blue plates caused the snow pile
which is covering a Pirate's castaway island ;-)

cheers Joseph