 Space / 14229
Re: Announcing the 2nd Annual Space Set Design and Building Contest -- Part II: Ice Planet 2002!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 12 May 2002 03:09:39 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jonathan Wilson writes:
I have noticed that every element found in an ice planet 2002 set is
present in ldraw except for:
the helment visor
the 3 printed heads
the printed windscreen piece from the deep freeze defender
the printed radar piece from the ice station odyssey
and the printed raised baseplate from the ice station odyssey

While there is a possibility that the printed blue canopy exists in DAT form
(GIVE IT UP!), the rest is true and I realized this when I posted the
contest announcement.

I would suggest that CAD designers use the readily available minihead
figures with messy hair, like 3626BP40.DAT (female) and 3626BP30.DAT (male).
I don't think it would annoy anyone if a CAD designer wanted to pop in some
orange hair in place of the black in file 3626BP40.DAT, or white/grey hair
instead of the black in file 3626BP30.DAT; but it will not be a factor for
or against anyone.  Clearly, a regular trans-orange visor will do in place
of the more theme specific one.

As for the other missing elements.  See more below.

Unless someone comes forward and makes these elements (especially the
fig parts) it wont be possible to enter any cad mocs in category VII at all.

No, this is untrue.  See above and please consider the many LDraw elements
for the Ice Planet 2002 theme that ARE available.

Anyone want to step forward with these parts (even mock-ups would
probobly do)?

Yes, even mock-ups would serve and it would be great if someone came forward
with even some of the missing elements -- but, this is not necessary to
succeed in the contest.

Where one lacks for certain elements one must use ingenuity in their stead.
No  one wants to see any of the existing Ice Planet 2002 sets recreated --
we already have them on our shelves and in our hearts.  What is needed here
are the many designs as yet undreamed of.

Dig deep Jonathan and fellow CAD designers, there are designs and ideas
inside each of you that no one else can even touch.

=)

-- The Ice Worm