 Space / 14213

Subject:
Announcing the 2nd Annual Space Set Design and Building Contest -- Part II: Ice Planet 2002!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2002 17:54:36 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

This continues Todd Lehman's Classic Space Set Design and Building Contest
(Thanks, Todd, for having my baby!).

First was Classic Space, then came Blacktron I, now meet the challenge of...

...Ice Planet 2002!!!

Official Committee:
God Emperor of Ice Planet 2002 -- The Ice Worm
("He who controls the Ice, controls the universe!)
Website -- Curt Tigges
Other Guy -- Tom Sciortino
Ignore the Man Behind the Curtain -- Jude Beaudin

Basics:

Entries will be accepted from June 1st to June 23rd and voting will be
held from June 28th to July 7th. The winner will be announced July 12th.

Categories:

I - Polybag Ground or Air - limit of 50 elements
Example: 6814 Ice Tunnelator

II - Small Ground - limit of 100 elements
Example: 6834 Celestial Sled

III - Small Air - limit of 200 elements
Example: 6879 Blizzard Baron

IV - Bigger Ground - limit of 250 elements
Example: 6898 Ice-Sat V

V - Bigger Air - limit of 450 elements
Example: 6973 Deep Freeze Defender

VI - Bases - limit of 600 elements
Example: 6983 Ice Station Odyssey

VII - Ice Planet Alternates - alternates for the previous six listed
official models, you can only use the elements in the set

VIII - Ice Planet Paint - built with real bricks only, build an official
model from another theme in Ice Planet colours (Sorry, CAD need not apply
here)

IX - Ice Planet Insanity - Weird, wacky and wild designs

X - Ice Planet Unlimited - None of the above

XI - Ice Planet CAD Scene - Rendered scene of official or MOC IP-themed
models in their native habitat or in orbit around an icy planet. (Can be CAD
of model entered in another category)

Rules:

1. Any MOC may be entered as long as it was not entered in ANY previous
contest. Enter by posting a message to lugnet.space and
lugnet.build.contests with a link to a webpage with model pictures on it.
Make sure you mention "Ice Planet 2002 Contest" or something in the subject
line. Also, see rule 11.

2. The main contest page (TBA) will have a thumbnail image of every entry,
so if you'd prefer a particular picture (it must be 129x80 or smaller, or we
will shrink it ourselves), please let us know. Also, you may submit a short
description of 30 words or less.

3. Each model may only be entered into one category, however, you may enter
multiple models into the contest.

4. Entries may be CAD or real but must consist of only real LEGO© elements
because we hate them.

5. CAD MOCs cannot include element configurations or element colors
impossible to achieve with real world bricks -- bricks need not necessarily
"clutch" each other, but the physical laws of the real world still apply
otherwise. Customization of elements is allowed for the purpose of including
the Ice Planet 2002 logo only -- no other exceptions are made. Fantasy
backgrounds, lens-flare, and similar effects are allowed as long as they do
not alter the MOC's configuration. Any DAT file created for any entry must
also be made available for the use of others in a timely fashion (at least
two weeks before the end of the contest) even if the element remains
unofficial. The DAT files of CAD MOCs will be sent to the Ice Worm
(blueofnoon@aol.com) for reference.

6. Voting is limited to only those who enter the contest. Failure to vote
disqualifies a participant's entries from winning (see below for how and
when to vote).

7. Each competitor will vote for one MOC in each category regardless of the
number of entries he/she has. And no, you can't vote for yourself.

8. All votes for a disqualified entry will not be able to be reused (we will
only have one round of voting).

9. Amendments to the rules will be decided by Ice Worm Richard Marchetti,
Curt Tigges, Tom Sciortino, and Jude Beaudin.

10. The neutral judge/Ice Worm will be Richard Marchetti (FEAR ME!) who will
not be competing nor voting in the contest.

11. All entries must be submitted by June 23, 2001 00:00 GMT.

12. All votes must be submitted by the end of July 7, 2002.  No extensions
this time!!!

13. All models mailed to the Ice Worm will not be returned and will become
the property of the Ice Worm.

14. Non-competing entries: This is a new category I added for models that
for whatever reason can't compete. There is no voting in this category and
they will not be listed on the ballot. Also, if this is the only category
you have an entry in, you may not vote.

Voting:

Voting will be via e-mail ballot the details of which will be announced.

For other information on voting, see rules 6, 7, 8, and 12.

Prizes:

First Prize: The knowledge that you did not lose!!!

Second Prize: Exposure to your fellow builders and the pride of knowing that
you participated.

Third Prize: Ridicule from your fellow lugnuts that you entered the Ice
Planet 2002 Contest.

This contest is neither run nor condoned by The Lego Company because we hate
them.

Now go forth, My minions, and build!

-- The Ice Worm
(blueofnoon@aol.com)

Re: Announcing the 2nd Annual Space Set Design and Building Contest -- Part II: Ice Planet 2002!