 Pirates / 3646
Re: 2004 Castle Products
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 07:56:21 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, René Hoffmeister wrote:
   Hi Andrzej,

In lugnet.castle, Andrzej M. Szlaga wrote:
   I’d like to ask: how about Pirates? We heard the new Pirate sets will be 4+, with Jack Stone scale figures.

Since I own the latest german dealer’s catalog, I can tell you that for certain: Pirates are Jack-Stone-scaled in 2004. Sets are with many large elements, but also with a few very nice parts (new pirate flags, maps on 4x4-tiles, chrome weapon...). Sorry, I’m NOT allowed to upload pictures before mid-december and I will NOT send pictures by mail. But I would bet we will see the pictures somewhere in the next days :-)

   That means no more regular minifig scale Pirates?

Let’s hope TLC will make a Pirate-theme with minifigs in the future too.

I was convinced after seeing the set numbers on the pirate sets (7070-...) that the sets would be minifig scaled, because recent minifig-themes (orient expedition, world city) are all in the 7-series, whereas the new 4-juniors sets (formerly known as jack stone) have set numbers starting with “4”. The new “bionicle-castle” sets also fit this reasoning since they are in the 8-series like “old” bionicle. Therefore I was not surprised they were not in minifig-scale when the pictures popped up.

Guess the logic does not hold for the pirate sets (still hoping it will though...)

Rick.