 Castle / 18807
Re: 2004 Castle Products
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 00:57:22 GMT

"Rocco J Carello" <rogue27@mac.com> writes:
Thank you for explanation. I'd like to ask: how about Pirates? We heard the
new Pirate sets will be 4+, with Jack Stone scale figures. That means no more
regular minifig scale Pirates?

Did the existence of Jack Stone prevent LEGO from ever making regular minifig
scale City sets again?

I would guess that there will probably be regular minifig scale pirate sets
again someday. However, they have to give the 4 year olds something cool to play
with too, and in 2004 that something is going to be Pirates.

Well, remember what happened with Town.  First they came out with Jack
stone, to get the tykes hooked.  Then this year we have Extreme Sports
island, World City, etc. which are the minifig-scale versions of Jack
Stone.  The kids who played with Jack Stone could then "graduate" to
these newer minifig town themes.

One might venture to guess that these weird-scale knights and pirates
are a precursor to minifig-scale sets in future years for those same
kids when they get a bit older.

In other words, it's a GOOD thing!

--Bill.

           PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMMER, CLOSED COURSE.  DO NOT ATTEMPT.