 Castle / 18627
  2004 Castle Products

What a boost in Castle traffic in the last week! There has been quite a bit of discussion about how system castle is about to be completely and forever replaced by a Castle/Bionicle combo. This info has been gathered (or created) based on leaks, (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Thank you for explanation. I'd like to ask: how about Pirates? We heard the new Pirate sets will be 4+, with Jack Stone scale figures. That means no more regular minifig scale Pirates? Thanks in advance and kind regards, -- shgg. (20 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) What a perfectly cromulent word! ;-) (...) Thanks much for the update -- it's highly appreciated! Kevin (20 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) phew! Thank you for this update, Regards, René (URL) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) The take-away from my last message should be (in part) that no new product by default leads to the demise of another product. Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liaison LEGO Community Development (20 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Jake, Let me be the first to say I was wrong to over-react. Of course, I'm sure you can understand our/my misgivings. I did see the Galidor Knights as a possible way to pull people into LEGO Castle generally. Also, let me thank you for all (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

Hi Andrzej, (...) Since I own the latest german dealer's catalog, I can tell you that for certain: Pirates are Jack-Stone-scaled in 2004. Sets are with many large elements, but also with a few very nice parts (new pirate flags, maps on 4x4-tiles, (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

Hello! (...) So, being one of those people I apologise. If it was an illogically is a different point. I think from what has happened to the Castle line for the last year and the Pirates line for several years now let room for demoralising (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Hi Jake, Thanks for those three very critical bits of information! The fact that Harry Potter & Castle can coexist is interesting. (many thought there were parallels to how Star Wars disallows Space.) Much obliged, your clarity is appreciated, (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Hi Jake, Thanks for those three very critical bits of information! The fact that Harry Potter & Castle can coexist is interesting. (many thought there were parallels to how Star Wars disallows Space.) Much obliged, your clarity is appreciated, (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) OH, BOY! This leaves me just tingling with excitement! I can imagine it now, making up for all those years of missed classic sets... But I think I'll just keep my speculations to myself! Andrew (20 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

Cool. It'll give the castle folks an opportunity to start collecting castle poops in the new grey :) Adrian (20 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

Please don't take this as a smart-*** response. It may seem that way, but it's to get you to think about something here... (...) <cough>grey, dark grey, brown<cough> (...) "Hey, grey is one of our core, classic colors - do you think we're just going (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) So what you are saying is... that... F-F-FABULAND LIVES!!! :) ;P ..Heehee, seriously though, thanks for your words on all this. The Harry Potter vs System-Castle concerns have been here for some time. It is nice to here at least some (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) There are already a bazillion threads about the color changes. This isn't one of them. (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Did the existence of Jack Stone prevent LEGO from ever making regular minifig scale City sets again? I would guess that there will probably be regular minifig scale pirate sets again someday. However, they have to give the 4 year olds (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) YES!!! Stephen (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) I want to say that it is very cool to have a representative of a large company personally post responses to the concerns of a minority of a minority. (Castle builders as a subset of adult builders who themselves are a small percentage of (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

I agree. It's nice to see a company like Lego pay attention to the less than 200 adults who build plastic castles. I hope the new sets in 2004 are worthy of the special post! -Aaron "Rocco J Carello" <rogue27@mac.com> wrote in message (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) I was convinced after seeing the set numbers on the pirate sets (7070-...) that the sets would be minifig scaled, because recent minifig-themes (orient expedition, world city) are all in the 7-series, whereas the new 4-juniors sets (formerly (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

In lugnet.castle, Jake McKee wrote: snip (...) snip While I greet this news with some relief, I would like to voice some concern over this, some of the recent posts (no, I'm not going to bring them all up again) mentioned that castle has had some (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) In case you haven't noticed - Gray is one of the primary colours when it comes to castles ;-) Seriously - Tom raises an important point here: "How reliable is TLC?", and I see close connections between changes in bricks/colours and changes in (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Well, I can only second that. Even though I have the next LEGO shop more or less around the corner (half an hour drive+searching for a parking lot ;-), I usually do not buy there. The more interesting sets have been available only through S@H (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Yes it does, just in the form of a certain mouse¹... Jason Railton ¹ I'm still curious how much it costs to license a trademark that, according to the law at the time it was registered, should have expired two decades ago... (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  (canceled)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Yes, Tom does raise an important point. However, it is the same point that was raised in all of the "color change" threads, and it is off-topic in this thread no matter how far he wants to stretch a tangent that connects them. Personally, I am (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) After the stupendous success of Galidor, I have nothing but great optimism for this product line. (...) I'm sorry, but very often this is exactly the case, at least for several years. The inclusion of juniorization equaled the demise of good (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(snip) (...) After the color change announcement (Rocco, this one's for you) I think there will be a lot of wild theories floating around. The train of though goes like this "If Lego will discontinue core colors what else are they capable of?" (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Thanks for the consideration. (...) Now this is interesting. What is TLG capable of? We've seen the quality of Castle sets progressively get worse every year since about 1992. We've seen Bionicle cannabilize the Technic line. We've seen the (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

Hi Jake, I was so excited when I found out there'll be new HP sets! I LOVE Harry Potter! Can I ask if Lego plans on asking rights to make HP merchandise like you do with Bionicle & Star Wars, etc. Like the pens, keychains, sticker books, backpacks, (...) (20 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

You know what annoys me the most Jake? ALL THE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE NEW COLORS & SETS! "Lego doesn't care about us" %^$& THAT! If it doesn't go your way, its wrong? WOW calm down, deal with it, THEME'S ARE NEVER "dead". Josh (20 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Woohoo!!! Thanks Jake!!! Jen (20 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) When I see the word "constraction" I don't think "contructible" + "action"... I think "constriction" + "contraction" + "distraction"... But that's probably just me. As in, "My stomach goes into constractions thinking about Galidor." :D --Todd (20 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

How about "I'm conscracting my head over some of these new sets". Or "What I can build is constracted by these new sets". ;) -Aaron "Todd Lehman" <tsl@tsl.bu.edu> wrote in message news:HozCIn.16HF@lugnet.com... (...) Those (...) "action"... (...) (...) (20 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) For those of us who are concerned about this colour change issue, Thomas message is pertinent enough to deserve belonging to this thread (or any other for that matter). If the old greys/brown are in fact being replaced (yes, there are some of (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Not Really About 2004 Castle Products

(...) I could be wrong, but I don't think it's okay to hijack any thread you want with color complaints. No message is that important. That just seems like simple posting etiquette. What is the point of starting a thread to discuss a topic if the (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Not Really About 2004 Castle Products

(...) Laughs out loud! Where O where did you get the O Fortuna idea from? Anyway, as soon as you have some pics of these sets, I will start to believe in them.... (20 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Not Really About 2004 Castle Products

snipped the message :) Hey Rocco, Way to go! I agree with you completely! Keep threads seperate, that is the point of having threads. I have been trying to avoid the color threads (that doesn't sound right...oh well) but have been reading the new (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Not Really About 2004 Castle Products

Rocco, I think you need to reread my original post. It was about the Castle line. I used the color issue to point out that rumors of Castle demise were perfectly understandable. Reread, and chill out. It's not your thread, you don't own it, anyone (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) and when I hear 'farm or fiefdom' I think <swoon>'Oooooh'</swoon> James (who would like to read too much into that comment) Stacey (20 years ago, 29-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) LOL! I havn't laughed so hard in a long time. How True! On so many levels! -gyug Lugnet Member #9 (20 years ago, 29-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Contraction is also when two words are combined with an apostrophe. For example: don't, can't, won't, and shouldn't Those sound like appropriate words. (20 years ago, 30-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Well, remember what happened with Town. First they came out with Jack stone, to get the tykes hooked. Then this year we have Extreme Sports island, World City, etc. which are the minifig-scale versions of Jack Stone. The kids who played with (...) (20 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)