 Pirates / 1655
1654  |  1656
Subject:
Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 23:52:07 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all,

I am in the process of organizing a weekend of playing with LEGO pirate ships
in June.  I need to gauge interest and begin to collect commitments.  I don't
have all the details (like a firm date) worked out yet, but here is what I do
have.  The details contained herein are all subject to change, but I don't
think they will change much.

Steve Jackson and Frank Filz will most likely be running games on Friday,
Saturday, and Sunday.  There will be a great deal pirate festing going on.  The
schedule of games is looking like: Friday evening, a battle game will be run by
Steve to get everyone familiar with mechanics and to have a good time.
Saturday, Frank will run a scenario campaign from morning through completion
that evening.  Sunday, Steve will run a scenario campaign that might start
Saturday night depending on how things go.  The games are flexible in that
people can come and go to some extent.

It appears that we will have to charge a playing fee to pay for fun prizes and
the acquisition of Steve Jackson from Austin, Texas.  I am looking to raise
enough to pull this off and not charge so much that anyone who wants to play
would have to not because of cost.  Keeping that in mind, some payment schema
that we have discussed include: $1 per hour of play, $5 per four hour block of
play, some per day of play fee, etc.  Please let me know how you feel about
this.

The weekend that I'm leaning toward is 8-10 June.  This is completely flexible.
Please send me a note if you want to participate with June weekends that are
good and bad.  I hope to settle on a date, confirm with all the organizational
parties, and begin taking reservations.  If you are local, that's great, and if
not, I can help you put together travel and sleeping accommodations.  For those
of you interested but broke, people have been known to spend the entire night
at these parties, so if you wash well ahead of time, you might be able to
squeak by without a real room.  I might also be able to get people who want
room mates together to cut costs.

The location of the event is slated to take place in an empty store in a strip
mall near my favorite local game shop in the greater Princeton, New Jersey
area.  The game shop will be hosting a game party in the same shop, but we (and
Steve Jackson's presence) will be the central event.  The game party includes
lots of games, a door raffle, a never-ending supply of free pizza, and for the
first time, a major LEGO event.

Frank will be supplying much of the fleet and all of the crew.  Each player is
invited to bring a minifig captain for their ship.

If there are any further questions, please drop me a note and I'll try to
answer them.  If there is anything in my current plans that you think would
prevent you from attending, please let me know and maybe we can work something
out.

Christopher Weeks