 Pirates / 1683
Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 05:09:04 GMT

Chris McCaully wrote:
Is there any age limit of how can come and play, because i am fifteen and i
want to come. If we have our own fleet can we bring it? Thanks.

Chris Weeks will have to answer if there are any age requirements for
the event in general. For the game itself, all that is required is that
players be sufficiently mature to play the game. I expect most 15 year
olds would fit the bill (we had Shiri's younger sister, Inbal, playing
at Brickfest 2000, and while she was a little too young to understand
everything, we were able to accommodate her in the game).

Folks are welcome and encouraged to bring any ships they might have. The
game I run will be a variant of the campaign game, so all ships which
are brought to the game will be put in the general pool. It is
recommended that people bringing ships or islands put their name on a
piece of masking tape on the bottom. I also recommend you use the boat
skids on the bottom of the ships to minimize wear and tear on the hull
pieces.

I hope to build some ships to allow for the correct numbers of cannon in
the near future, when I do so, I will definitely post pictures so folks
can get some ideas if they want to modify their ships to be more
suitable for the game (I'm not exactly sure how Steve does it, but the
way I run it, the broadside cannon may shoot to either side of the ship
[they need not be mounted on the fancy sliding/swiveling mounts of the
newer ships], so most ships will be able to have Class-1 cannon mounted
for broadside, the last cannon is mounted on a swivel, usually on the
focsle (large ships may have two swivel mounted cannon).

Frank