 Pirates / 1662
Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 23:07:07 GMT

Based on Steve Bliss' comment, I've set FUT lugnet.fun.gaming

In lugnet.pirates, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Christopher L. Weeks writes:

  Some extent?  I think that people coming and going is fine, but
  of course it's always difficult when you have to acclimate new
  players throughout the course of the game.  :)

It would suck if people were ducking in and out all the time.  But I agree that
hte game is better than virtually any other at allowing this kind of play.

It appears that we will have to charge a playing fee to pay for fun prizes

  Ack, I was hoping to make a full weekend of it!  :)

As Frank mentioned, the whole weekend would be ~$30.  It is possible that as
long as only a few people wanted to do this, we could accept donations to the
prize pool in lieu of cash payment.  You might find that a satisfactory
solution Mr. Walmart_Pirate_of_the_Year!

  You know,
  hang around far too long, cause trouble, shirk my lecture writing...

Isn't historical re-enactment called research?

  I can definitely confirm that I am *not* in any position to
  spend lots of money.  It's bad enough that I have to pass on
  my gf's friend's wedding in South Carolina because I can't
  afford it (it's the same weekend, 8-10 June).

Sweet!  While the cat's away the mice will play. ;-)

  However, I can
  swing $30 or so for a weekend, plus the cost of victualling.
  If it's any other weekend, I can probably also manage it.  I'll

But it's less certain?  If you get a taker on the rooming offer, you might get
them to fill your gas tank or something in exchange.

  Theoretically I might be able to put up one person, the big
  problem being there's not much room in my apartment.  I mean,
  NO ROOM--it's a side room about 4' x 9' and there is no sleep-
  furniture, though I have a sleeping bag.  Oh, and the little
  room isn't air-conditioned (always a catch, isn't there?).

I would possibly be able to put up guests too, I have a real house with futon
couch beds, and lots of floor space.  And AC.  The catch for me is that I also
have a family and they might not be as generous as I would.  And you couldn't
be smelly or offensive. :-)

Frank will be supplying much of the fleet and all of the crew.  Each player • is
invited to bring a minifig captain for their ship.

  OK.  I assume by 'much of the fleet' that Steve isn't bringing
  any ships, so who is the 'rest of the fleet' coming from?  I

Erm...well...actually, I was thinking that you might.  :-)  I have a small
fleet (does four boats count as a fleet?) that I can muster, but really Frank
will be the main source.  I haven't heard from any of the other GardenSLUGers
about this yet, so I'm not sure if they're in or have fleets of their own.  If
it were train wars, we'd be set.

  Nothing at all is preventitive.  Keep me posted on the evolution.
  I'll have to decide whether to bring my two special 'children' for
  viewing...all in good time, as we figure out the security issues
  and so forth.

This is a concern that I have as yet addressed poorly.  I would love to get
some good LEGO display material out, but in the past, the place has been open
all day and night and we'd have to take watches or something.

Chris