 Pirates / 1697
Re: Weekend of LEGO Pirate Games!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.games, lugnet.events
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 20:54:54 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.nj, Frank Filz writes:
Chris McCaully wrote:
Is there any age limit of how can come and play, because i am fifteen and i
want to come. If we have our own fleet can we bring it? Thanks.

If you are capable of paying attention and being nice (at least as nice as any
other scurvy dog, that is), then I don't see what age has to do with it.  You
would be most welcome.

  "Now dear, play nice with the other scurvy dogs."

On the other hand, I'm considering chucking the whole idea since I have
(including this new poster) only six people who would be playing.  If anyone
out there wants to play, but hasn't spoken up, let us know, we need you for
planning.
I will be there, one of my friends might come. We want to know if we can
bring sleeping bags and sleep in the game shop? I would be willing to take
guard if you need me to.

  Just a thought:  We still haven't had a !highlight! announcement.
  If that appeared we might get more interest.  I'm not sure when
  Steve would need to know before he could fly out, or how much it
  would cost, but I think the observation that people will be much
  more into it come late April or even May is a valid one.  My jaunt
  to BrickFest last year wasn't assured until only three weeks before
  the day!

  Is the hobby shop yet promoting anything?  Are they signing folks
  up for the Pirate Game?  What's the state of the planning ball in
  play?

  I'd be happy, btw, just getting together six to eight folks for
  a weekend of pizza and soda (or beer if you prefer) and Pirate
  Gaming, if we get shrunk out of our current planned venue.  The
  trick would be finding a place big enough for the ships and islands.
  As far as flying Steve out, that does as Chris noted depend on the
  size of the gathering, when the decision must be made, and whether
  we'd be willing to commit to taking a loss if that's necessary.
  It may be required to collect deposits before we can buy even a
  Galley Slave/Steerage Class ticket for Steve.

I was just looking and it is about 220 bucks for a round trip ticket from
texas. If steve is coming we should start collecting the money in april so
we can buy him a ticket.

best

  Lindsay