Subject:
über-garlic garlic gazpacho (was: Re: BBQ August 5th for 1st Anniversary)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 21:45:09 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Todd Lehman writes:
[...] Also been wantin' to develop an über-garlic version of gazpacho
soup.  :)

mmmm, did it!  Made a proto-test-batch version last week and made what I
think may be a final candidate last night.  Wrote down all the ingredients
as they went in so I'll be able to reconstruct it the night before the BBQ.
One last adjustment to the amount of sugar is needed, I think -- it's still
just a tad too bitter, I think from the cumin or the radishes.

Tried a new garlic experiment, BTW, in this last batch:  Instead of just
putting in a single head of raw garlic, I put in a second head of roasted
garlic (25 min. at 350° F.) as well -- this seems to give it the best of
both ends of the garlic spectrum -- the harsh, pungent raw flavor and the
rich, full-bodied roasted flavor.  I'll prolly try this with the pickles.

--Todd

[xfut => .off-topic.fun]