Re: BBQ August 5th for 1st Anniversary
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 19:32:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
The first topic is for the proposed August 5th Anniversary party.
Currently the plan would be for this to be a BYO* event at my house and
I would provide a grill and fridge in case there are not enough coolers.

* = Guinness and tube steaks?   :)

Somehow I figured...

My idea would be that everyone would bring their own refreshments and stuff
for the grill and each person would bring a pot-luck side dish item (fruit,
potato salad, salad, chips, coleslaw, etc.).  Of course we could have it
purely a BYOeverything as well.

Ooooh -- would that mean I can bring a couple jars of Fibblesnork über-garlic
pickles[1]?  I haven't made any in several months and have a real itch to
scratch.  :)  Also been wantin' to develop an über-garlic version of gazpacho
soup.  :)

Sounds ummmm... interesting?  I like spicy foods but that sounds just a little
wierd.  I'm game though I'll try anything.  If I catch you feeding one of those
to my wife though... ;-).

I would expect that the party would run from early/mid afternoon until early
evening sometime.  Unfortunately it can't go too late because of my wifes
"condition" and the fact that the Baby Shower is the next day.

I take it you don't want any passed-out bodies strewn about on the lawn.  :)

Probably not the best way for things to go.  I am hopeing to be able to cut my
lawn by then.  We just had a bunch of landscaping done and had the lawn
hydroseeded.  Good thing we have a huge deck and at least parts of the lawn
will be OK for sure.  Just the far back I don't know about.

Swingin'!!!

Well enough people have expressed interest so I guess we're on.  Plan on the
5th for a BBQ in Melrose starting in the afternoon.  Time's and Directions to
follow.  Directions will either be handled on the mailing list or by request I
am not sure yet.

[1] http://www.fibblesnork.com/uber-garlic/pickle/

Man where do you come up with this stuff?  :-)

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/