Re: BBQ August 5th for 1st Anniversary
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 15:25:31 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:
I am ridiculously excited about these garlic-death-pickles -- to the point
I'm thinking of making some (perhaps a variation?) and bringing them.  Todd,
would you mind if I jumped on the experimentation bandwagon [1].

Go for it!  That's why the "recipe" is published.  :)

I am a rampant fan of hot and spicy things - I'm one of those freaks who,
while rummaging in the fridge for a snack, will pour a good amount of RedHot
into the palm of my hand and drink it off to tide me over.

Are you sure you don't mean to knock you over?  ;-)

Another example:  about 50% of the time, the first thing I eat in
the morning is a hot Peppercini - before cereal, before juice, before
anything else.  Somebody once told me that eating something hot speeds up
your metabolism a bit, since your body wants to rid itself of the toxin
... see, it's a health thing.  This girlish figure doesn't come free, you
know ... ;)

Hmm, I'll hafta try that!

I used to drink a glass of Spicy Hot V8 in the morning and I loved that but
I still haven't found a grocery store in the New England area that stocks it
in the big bottles.

Can you handle biting into raw serranos or habeneros?  :)

Now I love spicy food but you guys are *sick*.  ;-).

Seriously though hot peppers have been proven to be healthy in many respects.
First note that just about all hot peppers come from warm climates.  It seems
contradictory but the reason is that the peppers make you sweet which actually
helps to cool your body down and thats the origional reason for their
popularity.

Other studies have shown a rise in matabolism as Shawn mentioned.  Others say
they are good for your colon because they help stimulate your body to rid
itself of toxins which might be good for preventing cancer.

Of course Eggs were once good for you, then they were bad, and now they are
good for you again so who knows what they are going to say next.  It all just
depends on which scientist you are listening to and whos payroll they are
on(1).

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

(1)- I am not really that cynical when it comes to scientists but sometimes I
wonder.