Re: BBQ August 5th for 1st Anniversary
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 13:17:53 GMT

Where to begin?

Eric and Todd wrote (in no particular order ...)

Well enough people have expressed interest so I guess we're on.  Plan on the
5th for a BBQ in Melrose starting in the afternoon.  Time's and Directions to
follow.  Directions will either be handled on the mailing list or by request I
am not sure yet.

I don't think I ever said it out loud, but I'm planning on coming also ....

Ooooh -- would that mean I can bring a couple jars of Fibblesnork über-garlic
pickles[1]?  I haven't made any in several months and have a real itch to
scratch.  :)  Also been wantin' to develop an über-garlic version of gazpacho
soup.  :)

I am ridiculously excited about these garlic-death-pickles -- to the point I'm
thinking of making some (perhaps a variation?) and bringing them.  Todd, would you
mind if I jumped on the experimentation bandwagon [1].  I am a rampant fan of hot
and spicy things - I'm one of those freaks who, while rummaging in the fridge for a
snack, will pour a good amount of RedHot into the palm of my hand and drink it off
to tide me over.  Another example:  about 50% of the time, the first thing I eat in
the morning is a hot Peppercini - before cereal, before juice, before anything
else.  Somebody once told me that eating something hot speeds up your metabolism a
bit, since your body wants to rid itself of the toxin ... see, it's a health
thing.  This girlish figure doesn't come free, you know ... ;)

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
* = Guinness and tube steaks?   :)

My thoughts on this issue are probably painfully clear :) :) :)

Oh and before I forget.  NLSO's are more than welcome.  I know my wife will be
looking to commiserate with other NLSO's and I know of a couple others that are
probably coming so please bring them along.

Great to hear - I'd kind of been operating under this assumption, but it's good to
hear it confirmed.  I'll probably be bringing a NLS(F) as well, since she's coming
up to visit for the weekend, if that's all right ( NLS(F) = Non Lego Sibling
(Female) ).

I wouldn't recommend trying them unless you already are a big fan
of garlic.  :)

That's crazy-talk .... everybody should try them ;)

Congratulations once again!

I second that ....

-s