Subject:
BBQ August 5th for 1st Anniversary
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 01:27:35 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Well seeing that we did not get to talk about much other than the one issue
during the August 12th meeting I thought I would make individual posts about
each major topics that had been on the agenda so we could talk about them.  I
will probably only get a couple up tonight and I will do the rest tomorrow.

The first topic is for the proposed August 5th Anniversary party.  Currently
the plan would be for this to be a BYO* event at my house and I would provide a
grill and fridge in case there are not enough coolers.

My idea would be that everyone would bring their own refreshments and stuff for
the grill and each person would bring a pot-luck side dish item (fruit, potato
salad, salad, chips, coleslaw, etc.).  Of course we could have it purely a
BYOeverything as well.

I would expect that the party would run from early/mid afternoon until early
evening sometime.  Unfortunately it can't go too late because of my wifes
"condition" and the fact that the Baby Shower is the next day.

I do have several forms of non-LEGO entertainment including croquet and
badminton.  Of course if the weather cooperates I will have a train running and
have place set up for MOC's.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in please let me know.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

Re: BBQ August 5th for 1st Anniversary
My idea would be that everyone would bring their own refreshments and stuff for
the grill and each person would bring a pot-luck side dish item (fruit, potato
salad, salad, chips, coleslaw, etc.).  Of course we could have it purely a
BYOeverything as well.

Sounds great, Eric.

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
The first topic is for the proposed August 5th Anniversary party.
Currently the plan would be for this to be a BYO* event at my house and
I would provide a grill and fridge in case there are not enough coolers.

* = Guinness and tube steaks?   :)

My idea would be that everyone would bring their own refreshments and stuff
for the grill and each person would bring a pot-luck side dish item (fruit,
potato salad, salad, chips, coleslaw, etc.).  Of course we could have it
purely a BYOeverything as well.

Ooooh -- would that mean I can bring a couple jars of Fibblesnork über-garlic
pickles[1]?  I haven't made any in several months and have a real itch to
scratch.  :)  Also been wantin' to develop an über-garlic version of gazpacho
soup.  :)

I would expect that the party would run from early/mid afternoon until early
evening sometime.  Unfortunately it can't go too late because of my wifes
"condition" and the fact that the Baby Shower is the next day.

I take it you don't want any passed-out bodies strewn about on the lawn.  :)

I do have several forms of non-LEGO entertainment including croquet and
badminton.  Of course if the weather cooperates I will have a train running
and have place set up for MOC's.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in please let me know.

Swingin'!!!

--Todd

[1] http://www.fibblesnork.com/uber-garlic/pickle/

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
The first topic is for the proposed August 5th Anniversary party.
Currently the plan would be for this to be a BYO* event at my house and
I would provide a grill and fridge in case there are not enough coolers.

* = Guinness and tube steaks?   :)

Somehow I figured...

My idea would be that everyone would bring their own refreshments and stuff
for the grill and each person would bring a pot-luck side dish item (fruit,
potato salad, salad, chips, coleslaw, etc.).  Of course we could have it
purely a BYOeverything as well.

Ooooh -- would that mean I can bring a couple jars of Fibblesnork über-garlic
pickles[1]?  I haven't made any in several months and have a real itch to
scratch.  :)  Also been wantin' to develop an über-garlic version of gazpacho
soup.  :)

Sounds ummmm... interesting?  I like spicy foods but that sounds just a little
wierd.  I'm game though I'll try anything.  If I catch you feeding one of those
to my wife though... ;-).

I would expect that the party would run from early/mid afternoon until early
evening sometime.  Unfortunately it can't go too late because of my wifes
"condition" and the fact that the Baby Shower is the next day.

I take it you don't want any passed-out bodies strewn about on the lawn.  :)

Probably not the best way for things to go.  I am hopeing to be able to cut my
lawn by then.  We just had a bunch of landscaping done and had the lawn
hydroseeded.  Good thing we have a huge deck and at least parts of the lawn
will be OK for sure.  Just the far back I don't know about.

Swingin'!!!

Well enough people have expressed interest so I guess we're on.  Plan on the
5th for a BBQ in Melrose starting in the afternoon.  Time's and Directions to
follow.  Directions will either be handled on the mailing list or by request I
am not sure yet.

[1] http://www.fibblesnork.com/uber-garlic/pickle/

Man where do you come up with this stuff?  :-)