Re: BBQ August 5th for 1st Anniversary
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 20:56:27 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
* = Guinness and tube steaks?   :)

Somehow I figured...

But seriously, do you want this to be an alcohol-free get-together or are we
free to bring some Guinness along?  I don't think anyone would get all boozed
up, but it can be nice to responsibly enjoy some fine beverages with a BBQ.
If you want it to be an alcohol-free get-together, I completely respect that
and I will leave the Guinness at home.

Sure no problem.  The only rule being that it must be legal to consume whatever
it is that you consume.  So for example if you are drinking and you are not old
enough to drink and I find out you will probably get a free cab ride home and
asked not to come again.  I don't think that applies to too many people here,
if any until Tim C. arrives, but just so people know.

Oh and before I forget.  NLSO's are more than welcome.  I know my wife will be
looking to commiserate with other NLSO's and I know of a couple others that are
probably coming so please bring them along.

Sounds ummmm... interesting?  I like spicy foods but that sounds just a
little wierd.  I'm game though I'll try anything.  If I catch you feeding
one of those to my wife though... ;-).

I don't think they're dangerous to pregnancies or babies in the womb, but the
great danger IMHO is if one person has one and the other person doesn't.  :)
You'll smell like and taste garlic for at least 24 hours after eating one of
these.  :)  I wouldn't recommend trying them unless you already are a big fan
of garlic.  :)

I am sure they are not dangerous its just she has a weak stomach for hot food
and spicy peppers in particular.  I doubt she would get close to them with the
smell anyway :-).

I don't know what it's like to be an expecting father, but from the various
hints and innuendos over the past few months, it certainly sounds like it can
be stressful from time to time.  You have my sympathies but also I think you
will be in for one of the greatest joys life can bring.  Congratulations once
again!

Thanks,  It isn't really that bad and in many many ways I can't wait!!  The
LEGO in the basement is kind of a bummer but I'll live.  Most of the stress is
in the fact that my wife gets to experiance something that I have no possible
way of completely understanding.  To have a living being inside of you just
blows me away.  She trys to share what is happening but unless you actually
experiance it...  I do think I was able to feal a limb or maybe the head the
other day (space is getting tight :-).  That was pretty cool.

The other part of the stress is that it is probably the biggest life change I
can imagine.  Bigger than marrage, bigger than owning a home, bigger than just
about anything I can think of.  Thats a tad scary but heck we brought it on
ourselves :).

So don't worry about me.  I just have to shuffle a few things around and I'll
be fine.

BTW, how do you feel about allocating an area of your back lawn to the
consuming of fine cigars and brandy/scotch/cognac?  If that would be out of
the question, perhaps we all could take you out specially some evening later.

I can probably do that although I doubt I will get through an entire cigar.  I
have a pretty big yard so as long as we get well away from the house I don't
think my wife will mind.

[1] http://www.fibblesnork.com/uber-garlic/pickle/

Man where do you come up with this stuff?  :-)

It kinda evolved over time about 4 years ago...  Me and a couple guys at the
last place I worked, we used to mess around with hot peppers and stuff.

Sounds cool.  Now adays I my cats are my co-workers so not much chance for
wierd experimentations.  But I guess you know what thats like too :).

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/