Re: BBQ August 5th for 1st Anniversary
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 13:55:58 GMT

I don't know what it's like to be an expecting father, but from the various
hints and innuendos over the past few months, it certainly sounds like it can
be stressful from time to time.  You have my sympathies but also I think you
will be in for one of the greatest joys life can bring.  Congratulations once
again!

Thanks,  It isn't really that bad and in many many ways I can't wait!!  The
LEGO in the basement is kind of a bummer but I'll live.  Most of the stress is
in the fact that my wife gets to experiance something that I have no possible
way of completely understanding.  To have a living being inside of you just
blows me away.  She trys to share what is happening but unless you actually
experiance it...  I do think I was able to feal a limb or maybe the head the
other day (space is getting tight :-).  That was pretty cool.

The other part of the stress is that it is probably the biggest life change I
can imagine.  Bigger than marrage, bigger than owning a home, bigger than just
about anything I can think of.  Thats a tad scary but heck we brought it on
ourselves :).

As one who is going through this (Isabella turned 3 months last week!) I
agree:
- it IS the biggest thing that has happened in my life
- it IS bigger than marriage
- it IS bigger than owning a home
- and, it IT bigger than any LEGO creation I've made!

After 3 months, most of my LEGO is STILL in the attic from my move to New
England over 8 months ago!  I am currently renovating the basement for a
play-area for LEGO and a theatre room!

(For those interested: http://www.insominet.com/isabella/ .  There is some
LEGO references!)

I would really like to start attending meetings.  The train stuff REALLY
interests me.  Heck, maybe I can get to the BBQ since my wife and daughter
will be out of town.

Sandy
Alexander (Sandy) McKinney
armckinn@nortelnetworks.com