Re: BBQ August 5th for 1st Anniversary
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 20:10:41 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
* = Guinness and tube steaks?   :)

Somehow I figured...

But seriously, do you want this to be an alcohol-free get-together or are we
free to bring some Guinness along?  I don't think anyone would get all boozed
up, but it can be nice to responsibly enjoy some fine beverages with a BBQ.
If you want it to be an alcohol-free get-together, I completely respect that
and I will leave the Guinness at home.

Sounds ummmm... interesting?  I like spicy foods but that sounds just a
little wierd.  I'm game though I'll try anything.  If I catch you feeding
one of those to my wife though... ;-).

I don't think they're dangerous to pregnancies or babies in the womb, but the
great danger IMHO is if one person has one and the other person doesn't.  :)
You'll smell like and taste garlic for at least 24 hours after eating one of
these.  :)  I wouldn't recommend trying them unless you already are a big fan
of garlic.  :)

I would expect that the party would run from early/mid afternoon until
early evening sometime.  Unfortunately it can't go too late because of
my wifes "condition" and the fact that the Baby Shower is the next day.

I take it you don't want any passed-out bodies strewn about on the lawn.  :)

Probably not the best way for things to go.  I am hopeing to be able to cut
my lawn by then.  We just had a bunch of landscaping done and had the lawn
hydroseeded.  Good thing we have a huge deck and at least parts of the lawn
will be OK for sure.  Just the far back I don't know about.

I don't know what it's like to be an expecting father, but from the various
hints and innuendos over the past few months, it certainly sounds like it can
be stressful from time to time.  You have my sympathies but also I think you
will be in for one of the greatest joys life can bring.  Congratulations once
again!

BTW, how do you feel about allocating an area of your back lawn to the
consuming of fine cigars and brandy/scotch/cognac?  If that would be out of
the question, perhaps we all could take you out specially some evening later.

[1] http://www.fibblesnork.com/uber-garlic/pickle/

Man where do you come up with this stuff?  :-)

It kinda evolved over time about 4 years ago...  Me and a couple guys at the
last place I worked, we used to mess around with hot peppers and stuff.

--Todd