 Off-Topic / Debate / 28506
Re: JLUG - The Forum that WAS.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 05:35:53 GMT

It is a sad day today, I really enjoyed relaxing in Jlug, not needing to worry
about watching what I or other would say. to be able to post irrelivant topics
about nothing at all, or just smacking each other silly.

for old times sake :wiz:
:'(

Farewell old friend

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
Here are a few new JLUG slogans....

JLUG - The end of an error.... errr I mean era.
JLUG - Been there, done that, cant be bothered to do it again.
JLUG - The "sandbox" is condemned.

Sadly during the recent crash we (JLUG) got hit pretty hard.  Our database was
chewed, eaten and spit back out, and the forums and chat that once were beloved
by some, hated by others, are now nothing but a distant memory.

After some discussion between "admins", (and after realising that all the posts
are gone, but even the membership list are gone as well) both Ross and I decided
that instead of starting fresh, we would let JLUG die a peaceful death.

(Listens to the "sighs" from our loyal members, and "cheers" from our critics.)

We had a good run.

It was entertaining at best, ridiculous at worst, and even funny at times.

For those of us that enjoyed it (and there were some hardcore members) it is
with mixed emotions I say good bye to our little corner of the web.

I'm thankful for those of you that made the forum a pleasure for us to run, we
couldn't have had a better membership. Also, I'm thankful for those of you that
fought me all the way along for that's what made the place what it was.  It was
a fun ride, and we can proudly (as proud as one can be of JLUG) go out on a
high, with approx 24000 posts under our belt and a few hundred members......

So it was fun, but not fun enough to start again from scratch.

Thanks to everyone for the support of our decision, may I wish you good luck in
finding a new sandbox.

Hey this place looks nice (Lugnet)... looks like most of you never left here
anyway.

Good night,
Janey "Red Brick"