 Off-Topic / Debate / 28526
Re: JLUG - The Forum that WAS.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:23:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

snip

Hey this place looks nice (Lugnet)... looks like most of you never left here
anyway.

Good night,
Janey "Red Brick"

As an intermittent lurker and appreciator of all things JLug, this is sad news
:(

I do feel that JLug served a very niche market for the LEGO enthusiast--one
which was needed and appreciated by many who partook.

I think a forum like JLug is needed for a more 'adult oriented' audience--it
allowed LEGO fans to 'let their hair down' and have adult-type banter without
fear of banning or murfling.  It also allowed for a, shall we say, place to post
more 'exotic' MOCs that might not be entirely recommended for 'da kiddies' to
peruse...

If I may be so bold--maybe the time has come for LUGNET--the community of all
things LEGO--to step up and have an 'adult oriented' section (much like JLug)
that can be added to the filters easily (so non-wanting eyes won't peruse) and
have a 'I agree to enter this LUGNET NG and not hold anyone responsible for what
I find in there' login thingy.

It's a suggestion--not wanting anyone to be put on the spot or defend the
existence of JLug.

Dave K