 Off-Topic / Debate / 28502
Re: JLUG - The Forum that WAS.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 04:32:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

   After some discussion between “admins”, (and after realising that all the posts are gone, but even the membership list are gone as well) both Ross and I decided that instead of starting fresh, we would let JLUG die a peaceful death.

Didn’t you guys keep back-ups?

I gotta say I’m pretty upset by this news - it’s as shocking as it is unexpected. I feel like I’ve lost a dear friend.

   I’m thankful for those of you that made the forum a pleasure for us to run, we couldn’t have had a better membership. Also, I’m thankful for those of you that fought me all the way along for that’s what made the place what it was. It was a fun ride, and we can proudly (as proud as one can be of JLUG) go out on a high, with approx 24000 posts under our belt and a few hundred members......

So it was fun, but not fun enough to start again from scratch.

From my perspective, I think it was enough fun, but I expect I wasn’t on the receiving end of a lot of work behind the scenes like you guys were.

   Thanks to everyone for the support of our decision, may I wish you good luck in finding a new sandbox.

The only way that’s gonna happen is if I make it myself, but unfortunately I have neither the technical know-how nor the time to devote to such an enterprise.

   Hey this place looks nice (Lugnet)... looks like most of you never left here anyway.

It’s not the same.

So, thanks for a fun time Janey and Ross. I think tonight I’ll be internalising things in 375ml measures and moving on.

Allister.