 MediaWatch / 1411
Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 01:46:36 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Allister McLaren wrote:
This is on a purely conversational level though (including online
conversations such as these), which I really don't think can or should be
policed for something as tedious as trademark violations.

They can, but not for stuff like this.  Ignoring the trademark-owner's wish on
usage does not actually constitute a legal trademark violation.  Improper usage,
yes, but legal violations are only when one person is using and/or claiming as
his own a trademark that belongs to someone else.