 MediaWatch / 1404
Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:46:51 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Eric Harshbarger wrote:

It's not that lego is like sheep where the
plural is also sheep, it's that lego is like sand: it doesn't have a plural.

Ok... I *have* to jump in at this point. Since when does 'sand' NOT have
a plural? It has been pluralized throughout the sands of time.

Merriam-Webster, and every other reputable dictionary will back me up on
this.

Excellent observation!  I submit "food" as a likewise flexible singular/plural
form.

Dave!