 MediaWatch / 1405
Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:59:31 GMT

Dave Schuler <orrex@excite.com> wrote:
If "Legos" grates on you the way "nukuler" grates on me, then you have
my sympathy! Still, someone can refer to "Fords" or "Toyotas" without
causing an uproar, so there is some precedent for pluralized brandnames,
however incorrectly it might apply to LEGO.

There's the exact same technical/legalistic rule against saying "Fords" or
"Toyotas" or "Burger Kings" or "Pentiums" or "Dells" or "Dumpsters". Or
"Kleenexes" or "Band-Aids". Again as the original article pointed out. :)

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux      ------>                <http://linux.bu.edu/>