 LEGO Company / 3154
Re: Final Official Statement - Maersk Second Run
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:17:39 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Burkhard Schloemer wrote:
To me it also proves that our DOC (Department Of Complainers) here at Lugnet
(and especially the Germans) couldn't have been that wrong on the issue. Let me
tell all you counter-complainers straight away:

WE WERE RIGHT.

I dunno if it was so much a question of being right or not-- I think the
difference of opinion was "is this a big deal" or not. There was some
disagreement about whether or not they made any "promise" to us that they broke
in re-releasing the Maersk blue again, but I know the contention was that Lego
didn't legally HAVE to do anything. Whether or not they SHOULD was another
matter, as well as whether or not our enthusiasm for the product would diminish
if they didn't.

Personally, I'm glad they apologized and made the offer to buy back Maersk ships
(although if we hear that that offer hurts the company significantly, I'll be a
lot less glad), but I didn't think it was a huge deal if they didn't do
anything.

DaveE