 LEGO Company / 3150
Re: Final Official Statement - Maersk Second Run
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:38:34 GMT

Not bad at all! I suppose this is as good as it can possibly get. However, this
statement should have been made a bit earlier. How long could it take to come up
with a press release like that? Or was the general idea to let the dust settle a
bit first? :)

The offer to actually buy sets back is rather spectacular, no: unheard of. Just
imagine: YOU could sell your perfectly fine LEGO back to TLG! Sounds ridiculous,
and one could say it drives that customer-satisfaction-thing a bit too far. But
I think TLG (beside trying to be nice) wishes to avoid possible (if unlikely)
legal trouble because of their earlier (and misleading) promis ... err product
information.

To me it also proves that our DOC (Department Of Complainers) here at Lugnet
(and especially the Germans) couldn't have been that wrong on the issue. Let me
tell all you counter-complainers straight away:

WE WERE RIGHT.

I'd also like to point out there's still a pretty unsatisfied customer out here!
Since we are tip-toeing around landmines anyway, let me ask if TLG would also
like to buy back the handful of blueish gray pieces I've trapped in my
quarantine bin? ;)

"Primus" Burkhard
Brick Commander (LEGO & BattleTech)
Official BattleTech & Mechwarrior Fan-Site
http://www.BrickCommander.com