 LEGO Company / 1146
Re: I need your help... and info!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 05:18:02 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
   (Note: please trim newsgroups on reply)

All,

As you know, I work both with you and with colleagues inside the LEGO Company. My efforts internally include a large bit of “training and introduction” about AFOLs. Projects like the “AFOLs” comic are meant to help educate my colleagues about who the AFOLs are, and why they do what they do.

In an effort to help fill out my “toolbox”, I really need your help.I get questions in almost every meeting like “so what’s the average age” or “how much do they typically spend in a year”. The answers to these questions have been estimated based on several Brickfest surveys, Shop At Home surveys, and a bit of gut feel.

I need your help in collecting deeper, richer answers to some of the basics about who you are. In an effort to pull this off, I’ve put together an survey using the LEGO MyOpinions functionality. You can find it at:

http://exapp005.informative.com/servlet/efocus?DST=LEGO_AFOL

The survey is relatively short, and should take you less than 5 minutes. Please please take a few minutes to fill it out as honestly as you can. Please be as truthful as you can in this session. Exaggerating the numbers to beef up your stats, or trying to make a statement about color change won’t help AFOLs, it will only hurt. Only one time through per person.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help on this. Once we’ve gotten the data back, this will be a HUGE new tool for me to use in my efforts to spread AFOL concepts and news through the company.

Thanks!
Jake

---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Development

Jake, always a pleasure to help some one who works for TLC out. I took my survey. I think that futuron would be a great space series to bring back. That had some good peices that have made it through the years. I would like to make a request for a couple pieces to be reintroduced.

1. The old city baseplates. The ones that were with the hospital, fire and police stations. 2. The baseplates that were 16X6. They are great when making bridges.

The third is just an idea. Now I know that TLC does not accpet ideas from outside the company. However I think that it would be great to take the 15x15 baseplate, turn it blue and make it smooth in the center. Maybe 8 dots deep from the outside and then smooth the rest of the way. It would be great when making my fire/police/rescue superbase.

Thanks,

Larry From Scottsdale AZ