 LEGO Company / 1108
Re: I need your help... and info!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:11:17 GMT

Hey Jake,

Some vague points in the survey:

Q2 asks if I’m in a local or virtual user group. If I say “both”, meaning that in addition to taking part in LUGOLA (local group) I’m also a member of Lugnet, Classic-Castle.com, and FBTB.net forums, the next question asks how many in the group. In terms of the local group it’s in the range of 20-30 (based on who I’ve met at meetings), but in terms of the virtual group this is 100’s (1000’s?)

On “favorite community sites”, I’d also include MOCpages, classic-castle.com, and bzpower.net.

On purchasing, do you mean LEGO we buy for ourselves, the total amount spend on LEGO for us (including gifts from family and friends sympathetic to our habits), or the total amount we spent on LEGO (including gifts for others as we try to spread the gospel of the Brick). Also, as others have said, the currency is not mentioned. I assumed US $, but I could easily see people assuming Euros or pounds etc. Also as others mentioned, you ask how much we spend on “LEGO sets”, while most of my secondary market purchases, probably 50% of my purchases, are of individual elements from Bricklink stores, and most of my shop@home purchases (25% of my purchases) are of bulk bricks. I only buy actual “sets” in retail stores. I assumed that you meant “all LEGO elements” rather than “sets”.

Bruce