 LEGO Company / 1084
Re: I need your help... and info!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:51:58 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
   I need your help in collecting deeper, richer answers to some of the basics about who you are. In an effort to pull this off, I’ve put together an survey using the LEGO MyOpinions functionality. You can find it at:

http://exapp005.informative.com/servlet/efocus?DST=LEGO_AFOL

Jake,

One question I thought was a little tricky to answer was “How many people attend these events?” Because I filled in that my favorite LEGO community events were both LUG Meetings & Train Shows. The answer as to how many people attend is different. 1,000s of people come to the train shows and see MichLTC’s work, but only 20-30 people attend the meetings.

Also this quesiton - “Outside of discussions with other community members, about how many family members, friends, and others do you talk to about your LEGO creations and ideas over the course of a year?” - At first I thought just about my family, friends and co-workers and that was a smallish number. But if I include all the people I talk to at Train Shows, then the number rockets up.

Also I noticed that the question about dollars spent on LEGO was aimed at “Sets” not necessarily parts bought at Pick-A-Brick or on Bricklink, etc. My amount spent on just sets (last year, anyways) was about 50% of my total spending. This year (with the new greys) it’s likely to be only 15%.

I made my best guesses that I could on ambigous questions and finished the survey. Good luck with the survey and I hope it helps you!

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG