 LEGO Company / 1113
Re: I need your help... and info!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:55:43 GMT

I have now answered as I think it is my duty. Though a few things are not
clear/uncorrect:

1. Member of a LUG?
I said yes, as I am using lugnet. Or do you mean a local club?
There are not enough around here for a club.

2. Radio/TV/Prints
Documentation of the show:

My show has been mentioned on radio, but I mysefl have not - dont know what to
answer! Therefore it has been on Raadio Ruut, but I had notthing to do with
that.
As for print - once I have created some information (see the link), but not
more. The local paper wrote about the show afterwards, but I have never seen it.

3.
How much do you spend on LEGO sets in an average year? (Please type in a number
and not a range)
What currency? Squared-Bricks?
I asume USD?

Still, I hope my information is useful

Sonnich

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
{(Note: please trim newsgroups on reply)}

All,

As you know, I work both with you and with colleagues inside the LEGO
Company. My efforts internally include a large bit of "training and
introduction" about AFOLs. Projects like the "AFOLs" comic are meant to help
educate my colleagues about who the AFOLs are, and why they do what they do.

In an effort to help fill out my "toolbox", I [really] need your help.I get
questions in almost every meeting like "so what's the average age" or "how
much do they typically spend in a year". The answers to these questions have
been estimated based on several Brickfest surveys, Shop At Home surveys, and
a bit of gut feel.

I need your help in collecting deeper, richer answers to some of the basics
about who you are. In an effort to pull this off, I've put together an survey
using the LEGO MyOpinions functionality. You can find it at:

<http://exapp005.informative.com/servlet/efocus?DST=LEGO_AFOL>

The survey is relatively short, and should take you less than 5 minutes.
Please please take a few minutes to fill it out as honestly as you can.
Please be as truthful as you can in this session. Exaggerating the numbers to
beef up your stats, or trying to make a statement about color change won't
help AFOLs, it will only hurt. Only one time through per person.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help on this. Once we've gotten the data
back, this will be a [HUGE] new tool for me to use in my efforts to spread
AFOL concepts and news through the company.

Thanks!¬
Jake

---¬
Jake McKee¬