 General / 48462
Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general

Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 08:18:06 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Randall Lee Crabtree wrote:
For the past 7 months I have heard too much about the color issues. It is time
to put the issue behind us and move on for the good of the community.
So the people who are still concerned should shut up - just for the
single reason of you being fed up with hearing critical voices? Who the
**** do you think you are?

OK, back to normal. While the american AFOLs have mostly surrendered,
there is remarkable pressure here in Europe. Call us old-fashioned, but
we have been in touch with Lego bricks for way longer than most of you.
Call us conservative - not in a political, but in a caring way. Most of
us still care for the things that made Lego what it is. We still think
that "The best is only good enough" should be the motto for Lego. We
still think that Lego should stand for its original meaning: "Leg God" -
play good.

> Sometimes I think that all of you forgot that this is a toy. A toy for
> kids that we are so lucky to get to play with.
If it is all about a kids toy, why do *you* rant?

> If you HATE the change so much sell your LEGO®.
No. I won't. I consider the colour change and its implementation as one
of the most stupid business decisions I've ever seen. But I won't sell
my Lego. I stopped buying sets (of 2004 onwards) though.

> LEGO® WILL NOT change back. So stop crying like a little school girl
> who just scraped her knee.
Lego does not *want* to change back because their own logistic
mismanagement (my impression) would make this prohibitive expensive
(their words).
On the other hand, they managed to create just another colour on the fly
for an upcoming set. One of the points where TLC contradicts itself.

> I’ve seen all the rants, cartoons, and stupid little form
> letters to send to Jake. Give the man a rest. Better yet tell him
> thank you.
First, I think most readers understood the satirical implication of the
form letter, despite its accuracy in pinpointing a lot of problems to be
concerned about. I don't belive anybody honestly sent such a complaint
form to Jake (Jake, could you clarify on this?).

Second, if you don't like criticism, you should stay away from any form
of communication. The cartoon voiced those points Jake forgot to put
into the final versions. There were strips about the grey issue in the
first version of the comic. They must have slipped somehow or got lost,
because nobody would imply that they would just cut out the biggest AFOL
issue/concern/topic in the last years on purpose, would they, Jake? JAKE?

Jake gets paid for being a spokesperson. It is his job to catch the
bullets designated for the company. This is the reason why I deem his
"sorry for the colour change" relatively worthless - he did not cause
it, he could not stop it, he is not responsible, therefor he is not in a
position to say "sorry". The people responsible would not even dare to
show up in public. It is Jakes job to bend over for their failures.

I do thank Jake for taking up with both a company with a braindead
management and concerned fans, though.

Yours, Christian