 General / 48471
Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.color, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:34:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ted Michon wrote:

(snip and not picking on Ted in particular)

I will not dispute, and *have* not disputed, the validity of the color topic as a topic that can and should be discussed on LUGNET. However I dispute that it is an appropriate topic for .general, for .events.brickfest or any of a number of places it has spilled over in the past and recently. The topic is appropriate for .color where it is *specifically* on charter. It is appropriate for groups in the .lego hierarchy. But it is not appropriate for .general

LUGNET gets strength from the fact that it uses compartmentalization to help people read what they want to read. LUGNET gets strength from the fact that we manage to get by, by and large, by honoring each others requests.

It is not censorship or heavyhanded control to ask that people respect this compartmentalization, as a courtesy to the readership here. It is, however, a bit tiresome to have to keep asking for this over and over and over.

PLEASE respect these repeated requests.

Call me a hall monitor or whatever other derogatory term you choose, if you like, I don’t care.

But I would really appreciate adherence to this. Notice is being taken and people who repeatedly do this have indeed been noticed.

That said, if you by chance slipped, made a mistake, didn’t check the FUT carefully, and really didn’t mean to post where the topic not is welcome... and therefore you want a post cancelled, you have but to ask for it (via its URL in a note) to Todd or Frank or myself and we will happily do so for you

If you have an issue with the adherence to this topic, that’s itself not a topic for .general but rather a topic for somewhere in the admin hierarchy, for example admin.general or admin.nntp depending on the nature of your issue.

Otherwise, please note the FUT, which is to .color

Thank you very very much.

++Lar (from LincolnLand!)