 General / 48460
Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general

Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 04:52:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, Randall Lee Crabtree wrote:
To LUGNET users:

For the past 7 months I have heard too much about the color issues. It is time
to put the issue behind us and move on for the good of the community. Sometimes
I think that all of you forgot that this is a toy. A toy for kids that we are so
lucky to get to play with.

[snip]

Randall, though I'm also starting to tire of the colour issue, I would like to
say that LEGO is whatever you want it to be. TLC call it a toy and target kids
(mostly), but that's just their marketting - whoever buys it can use it how they
see fit. I've seen it used as many things besides a toy - art medium, design
tool, leveller for table legs...

So saying "LEGO is just a toy" is a very narrow view (IMO) of the LEGO product.

ROSCO