 General / 48462

Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general

Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 08:18:06 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Randall Lee Crabtree wrote:
For the past 7 months I have heard too much about the color issues. It is time
to put the issue behind us and move on for the good of the community.
So the people who are still concerned should shut up - just for the
single reason of you being fed up with hearing critical voices? Who the
**** do you think you are?

OK, back to normal. While the american AFOLs have mostly surrendered,
there is remarkable pressure here in Europe. Call us old-fashioned, but
we have been in touch with Lego bricks for way longer than most of you.
Call us conservative - not in a political, but in a caring way. Most of
us still care for the things that made Lego what it is. We still think
that "The best is only good enough" should be the motto for Lego. We
still think that Lego should stand for its original meaning: "Leg God" -
play good.

> Sometimes I think that all of you forgot that this is a toy. A toy for
> kids that we are so lucky to get to play with.
If it is all about a kids toy, why do *you* rant?

> If you HATE the change so much sell your LEGO®.
No. I won't. I consider the colour change and its implementation as one
of the most stupid business decisions I've ever seen. But I won't sell
my Lego. I stopped buying sets (of 2004 onwards) though.

> LEGO® WILL NOT change back. So stop crying like a little school girl
> who just scraped her knee.
Lego does not *want* to change back because their own logistic
mismanagement (my impression) would make this prohibitive expensive
(their words).
On the other hand, they managed to create just another colour on the fly
for an upcoming set. One of the points where TLC contradicts itself.

> I’ve seen all the rants, cartoons, and stupid little form
> letters to send to Jake. Give the man a rest. Better yet tell him
> thank you.
First, I think most readers understood the satirical implication of the
form letter, despite its accuracy in pinpointing a lot of problems to be
concerned about. I don't belive anybody honestly sent such a complaint
form to Jake (Jake, could you clarify on this?).

Second, if you don't like criticism, you should stay away from any form
of communication. The cartoon voiced those points Jake forgot to put
into the final versions. There were strips about the grey issue in the
first version of the comic. They must have slipped somehow or got lost,
because nobody would imply that they would just cut out the biggest AFOL
issue/concern/topic in the last years on purpose, would they, Jake? JAKE?

Jake gets paid for being a spokesperson. It is his job to catch the
bullets designated for the company. This is the reason why I deem his
"sorry for the colour change" relatively worthless - he did not cause
it, he could not stop it, he is not responsible, therefor he is not in a
position to say "sorry". The people responsible would not even dare to
show up in public. It is Jakes job to bend over for their failures.

I do thank Jake for taking up with both a company with a braindead
management and concerned fans, though.

Yours, Christian

Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general

Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:13:21 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christian Treczoks wrote:
Randall Lee Crabtree wrote:
For the past 7 months I have heard too much about the color issues. It is time
to put the issue behind us and move on for the good of the community.
So the people who are still concerned should shut up - just for the
single reason of you being fed up with hearing critical voices? Who the
**** do you think you are?

If you HATE the change so much sell your LEGO®.
No. I won't. I consider the colour change and its implementation as one
of the most stupid business decisions I've ever seen. But I won't sell
my Lego. I stopped buying sets (of 2004 onwards) though.

Me too.

...SNIP...

I agree with your entire post. Thank you for putting it so eloquently.

Dean

Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.color
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:37:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dean Husby wrote:

I agree with your entire post. Thank you for putting it so eloquently.

XFUT --> .color  (please!!)

++Lar

Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general

Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:03:03 GMT

Randall Lee Crabtree wrote:
For the past 7 months I have heard too much about the color issues. It is time
to put the issue behind us and move on for the good of the community.
So the people who are still concerned should shut up - just for the
single reason of you being fed up with hearing critical voices? Who the
**** do you think you are?

If you HATE the change so much sell your LEGO®.
No. I won't. I consider the colour change and its implementation as one
of the most stupid business decisions I've ever seen. But I won't sell
my Lego. I stopped buying sets (of 2004 onwards) though.

Me too.

...SNIP...

I agree with your entire post. Thank you for putting it so eloquently.

Dean

People can wax poetically all they want about how dumb it was for Chevrolet to
stop making '57 convertibles.  There comes a certain point, however, when the
rant, tirade, tiff, eloquently posted and well thought out with corresponding
bullet points expatiation ceases to do any good.  And I beleive that we're well
beyond that point.

Show up with some new information and we can continue the discussion.  Saying
"TLC was wrong to change the colours, and my not purchasing new sets is the
fallout of said decision" isn't contributing anything that we didn't hear 7
months ago.

All that this snippage, eloquent or not, continues to do is stir up the pot here
and does not contribute one iota to the overturning of TLC's decision.  Quite
the contrary, the revisiting of this topic, over and over and over again, not
only causes a 'flame war' on LUGNET each time it is brought up(which doean't
make anyone happy), but, more importantly, embitters representatives from TLC
from hearing future legitimate issues from the AFOL community--"Oh here they go
again...", or, even more worrisome, in the future they won't listen to us at
all.

The issue has been stated.  There is no new information.  The company, right or
wrong, stayed with their decision.  The company has heard the community, and you
may not like what they decided, but, in the end, it's their company.  For us, it
is now time to go beyond this and let it rest.

Dave K

Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:56:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Koudys wrote:

<snip>

The issue has been stated.  There is no new information.  The company, right or
wrong, stayed with their decision.  The company has heard the community, and you
may not like what they decided, but, in the end, it's their company.  For us, it
is now time to go beyond this and let it rest.

Dave K

Oops--FUT to colour

I should know better...

Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general

Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 00:12:25 GMT

Randall Lee Crabtree wrote:
[...]

<had to snip a bit to fit>

I do thank Jake for taking up with both a company with a braindead
management and concerned fans, though.

Yours, Christian

Christian,

Once again, you are not alone. The color change [is] a problem. Not [was], [is].

Best regards from Portugal, Europe :-)

Paulo Renato

Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 00:54:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, Paulo Renato wrote:

Christian,

Once again, you are not alone. The color change [is] a problem. Not [was], [is].

Best regards from Portugal, Europe :-)

Paulo Renato

Paulo (and others) -
Please set followups appropriately. Complaints and reiterations of complaints
about the color change belong in lugnet.color, not lugnet.general.

See: http://news.lugnet.com/admin/nntp/?n=1451

XFUT -> lugnet.color

-Tim