Re: Tauros Military Outpost
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 05:28:42 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
Wilson,

Very cool.  This is one of the most original fortress MOCs I've seen.  As
others have said, I love how it is built in a "real" location--the design of
the fortress is based around the setting in which it is located.  A great
example of this is how the interior of some rooms (e.g. the prison) have
sloped walls, since this is built up on a pre-existing sloped hill.  Lots of
cool details througout.

Cool, thanks Bruce!  Building around the landscape was a really fun
challenge for this project.  And I think the sloped walls on the inside give
it a very aesthetic and natural look, which makes it more fun to look at.

This makes me think of some of the cliff dwellings built by native
americans, such as these:
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/9637/mvnpdwel/mvnpdwel.htm
I've always wanted to build something like that.  Maybe now I'll be inspired
to try something.

Yeah, I've seen some of those before, but they never really came to mind
while I was in the process of building the Outpost.  Some of the resemblance
are uncanny, though!  :-)

(That's possibly the first time I've ever typed *uncanny* on my computer.
Just to let you know, in case you were interested, which you probably weren't.)

I'd love to see more with this, like perhaps they would have a ship, since
they have a base built on a harbor.  It would also be cool to have another
army invade and show the battle all through the cliffs and bridges.

Yeah, I want to incorporate it into at least one story before I take it
down.  I agree with you on the battle part, that would be pretty fun to make!

Oh, clicking around your site I really liked your other things, like the
castle built up in the sky on a pillar of BURPs, and some of your figs are
really cool (I love the elementals, especially).  I haven't gotten to read
your stories yet, but I will.

Cool, glad you like the stuff!  I've currently got many more stories
planned, but I'm not sure I'll have the time to actually create them any
time soon.  But when I do, I'll let you guys know about 'em.

Wilson