Re: Tauros Military Outpost
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 19:33:20 GMT

Wilson,

Very cool.  This is one of the most original fortress MOCs I've seen.  As
others have said, I love how it is built in a "real" location--the design of
the fortress is based around the setting in which it is located.  A great
example of this is how the interior of some rooms (e.g. the prison) have
sloped walls, since this is built up on a pre-existing sloped hill.  Lots of
cool details througout.

This makes me think of some of the cliff dwellings built by native
americans, such as these:
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/9637/mvnpdwel/mvnpdwel.htm
I've always wanted to build something like that.  Maybe now I'll be inspired
to try something.

I'd love to see more with this, like perhaps they would have a ship, since
they have a base built on a harbor.  It would also be cool to have another
army invade and show the battle all through the cliffs and bridges.

Oh, clicking around your site I really liked your other things, like the
castle built up in the sky on a pillar of BURPs, and some of your figs are
really cool (I love the elementals, especially).  I haven't gotten to read
your stories yet, but I will.

Bruce