  Tauros Military Outpost

Hey everybody, I'm back after a long period of lurking. But not to worry, I've brought a little something back with me. The Tauros Military Outpost was my big project for our local fair, and it's been almost a year since it was first started. So (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

Wow, such detail. So cool. I would steal that too. Did it win a prize at the fair or just for show? e. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

Wilson, Way to make an entrance! The model is mind-blowing. I love the details, and overall, it's just so perfect, it's scary. Good work, can't wait to see what else ya got planned! Castle is back! WOO HOO! ehehe (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) Dang! Now, that's intricate! How long did it take to complete this project? Must have taken quite a lot of grey bricks! Anyway, great job. I particularly like the layout of the outpost itself, with the bridges and mountainous background. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) How convenient that you return just after CW is getting back up! <grin> (...) multi-tiered natural look that you developed. You have a lot of varied detail too. Oh, and the timeline was great. It would be interesting to see you use some of (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) Way cool! I really like structures that make physical sense, and your outpost does that. I'm glad to see all the cloaks about - given the seacost location, and the "airyness" of the outpost, they'll need them. Some of my favorite bits are the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(((Jaw-Droppin’ Amazement))) ~F,hatp uwasps’ scompltel-lwee wimcredablll`…. <Reaches down to locate jaw, then swiftly reattaches it> Ahhh, that’s much better… What I meant to say is; That was completely incredible the way you used the adventures (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) No, the project was for display only. I'm the head Lego judge in our Hobby building at our fair, so I get some special privelages, like having my own display case. The whole thing is explained in detail in this post: (URL) for the comments. (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) it's "perfect", when it's actually far from perfect when viewed from a functional design standpoint. But I guess that was the angle I was going for, so I'm glad you think the same. As for what else I've got planned, I'm going to start laying (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) Well, I don't have an exact time period, but the timeline roughly explains what happened at each point in time. But it took me about 6 months of on and off working to complete it. (...) That's nice to hear, as the mountain-building was (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) Yeah, that is pretty convenient, although not planned. I've been in the process of building the site pages for a couple months now (I'm extremely lazy, if you couldn't tell already) but I just finally got everything lined up the other day. (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) Yeah, I thought I had a lot of capes to begin with, but it turns out I had to order about 20 more in order to outfit all my guys. I really like having a bunch of guys (grunts) that look exactly the same, like an official army. It's fun just to (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) lol (...) adventures baseplate worked out. And I think it looks a lot better with the sculpted sand bar things, than just square, like I had it before. I'm glad you like the whole "ruggedness" aspect of it. It kind of makes you look at it a (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

Wilson! I saw this behemoth on Brickshelf, but didn't want to steal any thunder. It is absolutely amazing. The fact that it actually looks like it was cut and fashioned out of big chunks of rock is it's best feature. The totally random and sporadic (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

Very well done! I look forward to attempting buildings in such detail myself. I really like how you have the webpage set up to download all the pictures, as I like to save all the large images on my harddisk so that I can look at them later. It's (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) contextual ones (2). Your's is truly a "slice" out of the world. -- Pawel (1) Stand-alone MOC - an MOC that lacks a geographical foundation: (URL) In the context of the landscape - an example of this is Mist Lake Castle: (URL) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

Beautiful Job Wilson! One of the best forts I've ever seen! Has great detail too. The only problem is half of the interior pics didn't come out. Great job anyway though. Hasta La Vista, Sean (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) Thanks Chris! It was very hard building the cliffsides so they looked natural. The green couldn't be too concentrated or else it just looked weird (in my opionion anyway.) But yes, I tried to make it look as natural as possible, and I think it (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) Thanks! (...) Hey, no problem. I actually didn't know I had set it up like that, but I guess it's a good thing, so that's good. Thanks for letting me know. Wilson (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) landscape first, then building the structure around it. Then it's like if I were building a real building, working with what I've been given, working around the landscape and such. I think it makes building a lot more challenging, which makes (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) Thanks Sean. (...) What exactly do you mean, "didn't come out"? The quality didn't turn out well? Or that you can't see much from the way they were taken? If they just didn't show up, maybe try refreshing it a couple times, because I can see (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) The quality was fine, its just for a couple of them the squares had little red x's at the top left hand corner. Probably just me though. (...) I'll try that eventually. Hasta La Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

Just a quick note, I can access all the pictures. No problem seeing them. Josh (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

Wilson, Very cool. This is one of the most original fortress MOCs I've seen. As others have said, I love how it is built in a "real" location--the design of the fortress is based around the setting in which it is located. A great example of this is (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

Very nice; it has alot of detail and it's large, but still looks good overall. I must say I really like the timeline photo thing; everyone should do this, it really adds depth to the model. Great! Christian (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) Cool, thanks Bruce! Building around the landscape was a really fun challenge for this project. And I think the sloped walls on the inside give it a very aesthetic and natural look, which makes it more fun to look at. (...) Yeah, I've seen some (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) Thanks Christian. I wish I would have taken more pictures myself, as well. It's a lot of fun to look back and see what you intended to do, and then see the final product and what it eventually mutated into. Don't worry though, I plan on doing (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)