Re: Tauros Military Outpost
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 00:57:27 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Wilson Raska writes:
Okay, enough rambling.  You can check out the Tauros Military Outpost in the
Structures section of the main page, located here:

http://www.ragnarok7.com/lego.html

Beautiful!  I think the tendency in MOCs is moving from stand alone (1) to
contextual ones (2).  Your's is truly a "slice"
out of the world.

-- Pawel

(1)  Stand-alone MOC - an MOC that lacks a geographical foundation:
http://www.05fun.net/~kaki/gallery01.htm

(2)  In the context of the landscape - an example of this is Mist Lake Castle:
http://home.att.ne.jp/apple/hachi/ce_ga_le08a.htm

Thanks Pawel!  I really like building in the (2) style; building the
landscape first, then building the structure around it.  Then it's like if I
were building a real building, working with what I've been given, working
around the landscape and such.  I think it makes building a lot more
challenging, which makes it more fun.  I'm glad to see more people doing it
as well.  I really makes the structures more appealing, in my opinion.

Wilson