Re: Tauros Military Outpost
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 00:49:34 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Chris Maddison writes:
Wilson!

I saw this behemoth on Brickshelf, but didn't want to steal any thunder.  It
is absolutely amazing.  The fact that it actually looks like it was cut and
fashioned out of big chunks of rock is it's best feature.  The totally
random and sporadic use of grey and dark grey with little bits of green and
brown give it a very realistic feel.

Thanks Chris!  It was very hard building the cliffsides so they looked
natural.  The green couldn't be too concentrated or else it just looked
weird (in my opionion anyway.)  But yes, I tried to make it look as natural
as possible, and I think it works out pretty good.

But you didn't stop there, you've got all those little things - the dining
room, that cool catapult, the nifty bull statue (in exactly the right
place), and my favorite new little feature, your bridge.  That is awesome.

I almost wish I could have gone back and put in more little things, but just
didn't have the time before the fair.  Also, I couldn't come up with any
other things the rooms should have been designed for, so I just left it how
it was.

I could go on and on about this one - I don't think one can really
appreciate it without seeing it in person.

-Chris

Thanks for the great comments, Chris!

Wilson