 Castle / 7710
Re: Custom shop signs. WAS: SOME CUSTOM CASTLE TORSOs I have done
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 15:47:05 GMT

I would love to see some of these.  The questions of course is what paper
would I print them on ... Is there "sticker" paper out there?  Any advice and
maybe a how-to guide from someone who has done it before would be very
appreciated.
-- Pawel

I think someone, Ed?, mentioned that you can buy 8.5" X 11" printer
"sticker" paper at Staples or OfficeMax or Office Depot for fairly cheap.

All I did for mine (Monty Python torsos) was create them in Illustrator,
edit them in Photoshop and save them at at least 300dpi (its good to make a
huge template with multiples as to not waste the stickerpaper). Then, load
the sticker paper into the paper tray of your color printer. Once its
printed, you'll notice that this sticker paper has a slight gloss to it
which matches the LEGO plastic quite well. Let it sit for about an hour to
avoide smudging, then take an X-acto knife and cut out the torsos. You'll
most likely need the X-acto knife again to peel the backing off the paper
and apply it to the Minifig of your choice.
The only peeve I encountered was that the edges of the sticker remain
white...which is annoying when applied to a different colored torso. To
avoid this I usually take a non-bleed marker and touch up the edges of the
sticker.
Precision is a must!
When done properly, they turn out exquisite.

http://web.newave.net/~kpeterson/trizeta/monty.html
for reference.

-Kyle