 Castle / 2135
Re: Another update (was: Lion's Cove Update)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 21:35:32 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle, Bill Farkas writes:

By the way, in reference to your reply to my last message, yes, my Hebrew is
a little rusty, but also I wasn't sure if you male or female so I figured it
would be better to use the masculine form.

Sure, no prob - people get mixed up all the time. Maybe I should call myself
Sherry or Cherry or something ;-)

Really?  Out of curiosity, I checked the NameDB(1), and this is what it lists:

Name      Origin     Sex        Meaning    Variations
Shiri     Hebrew     Female     My song    Shira, Shirah, Shirit

I never even considered it could be a male name.  Can it be?  It doesn't list
that there...

No, only in the variation of Shir, in which it can be both a male and female.
People get mixed up just because they don't recognize the name.

BTW, that name DB is really good! I've already bookmarked it, and Philantha
(the new name for my former "pegasus") came from there. It's very useful...
Thanks for sharing!

-Shiri
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/