Re: Color page updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 2009 22:59:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tore Eriksson wrote:
* Color 256-512 are *NOT*, I repeat *NOT* "MLCad colors". They are true LDraw
colors, as opposed to color 48-255. As any LDraw compatible L-Cad tool, also
MLCad accepts and fully supports color 256-512.

Just to be clear: all colors from 0 to 511 (except 16 and 24) are true LDraw
colors.  For color codes less than 256, LDraw would use the lowest 4 bits to
determine the color value.  The sixth bit would determine transparency.  The
other bits were basically ignored.

Do you mean that original LDraw accepts color 48, 65, 133 without error message?
I didn't know that. Pity L3Lab (and L3P v1.3 which I no longer use)don't act
that way.

If so, I guess I stand corrected. And blushing.

But yet, with a little weaker support from historic facts, I still appeal (now
in a more humble way) not to use colors 48-255 for defining new colors in
LDConfig.ldr. Even on a borrowed PC with 2.5GHz CPU, LDView is totally
unaccepably slo-o-o-ow with no fast render options making any noticable
difference on huge models, so L3Lab is still my no. 1 everyday life renderer
without any competition.

/Tore