 CAD / Development / 9031
Re: Mirrored parts and studs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 18:54:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
Yeah, I did a search for determinant and found your note.  I tried
the on-the-fly fix in ldglite with the L3 structs and it seems to work,
although I'm not sure I'm applying the fix correctly.  Is it really
as simple as multiplying some matrix by -1?  I must have been applying
the -1 to the wrong matrix, so I went with mirror around the Z axis
transform instead.  Can you point me to the ldview code that does this?
I'm feeling rather lazy today, asking for help before looking for
myself...

I don't actually do any transformations in LDView to get the logos right.  I
just detect the mirroring (by tracking negative determinants and flipping the
mirrored bit every time I see one) and modify my texture coordinates to
un-mirror (horizontally) if the stud has been mirrored.  You can take a look at
the genTextureCoords method in TGLStudLogo.cpp if your interested, but I don't
think it will really help you.

--Travis