 CAD / Development / 9033
Re: Mirrored parts and studs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 19:14:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs wrote:
I don't actually do any transformations in LDView to get the logos
right.  I just detect the mirroring (by tracking negative
determinants and flipping the mirrored bit every time I see one) and
modify my texture coordinates to un-mirror (horizontally) if the
stud has been mirrored.  You can take a look at the genTextureCoords
method in TGLStudLogo.cpp if your interested, but I don't think it
will really help you.

Actually that does help a bit.  It looks like you aren't concerned
with whether the logo faces the same direction as on the actual part,
you're just ensuring that it's readable.  That makes me feel better
about my solution.

By the way, why do you bother to track all the mirroring steps?  Can't
you just look at the final matrix?

Don