 CAD / Development / 9028
Re: Mirrored parts and studs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 16:53:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
Anyway.  Since we are only talking about studs, the rendering programs
_could_ simply remember to fix any mirrored studs (can be done by
multiplying the rotation matrix of the object with the sign of its
determinant).

Umm, my math is really rusty.  Can the sign of the determinant also
be used to detect mirroring?  That could be handy.

Yes.  That's what LDView does.

--Travis Cobbs