 CAD / Development / 9029
Re: Mirrored parts and studs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 17:02:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson wrote:
I am generally against new meta-commands, but inspired by "0 BFD INVERTNEXT",
how about something like "0 MIRRORING KEEPPOSITIVENEXT". The more accurate
syntax, I leave to the gurus...

We definitely don't want to do this.  It's unnecessary, because the sign of the
determinant in the matrix specifying the sub-part tells you whether the sub-part
is mirrored.  The above might allow the program to do less math, but that's not
an acceptable reason for introducing a meta-command that is susceptible to human
error.  (Plus, in many cases the program will have calculated the determinant
for other reasons anyway.)

--Travis Cobbs