 CAD / 9300
Re: Sand Green and POV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 05:27:14 GMT

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:H8zv6n.n1z@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.cad, Mike Walsh writes:

[ ... snipped ... ]

What do you have in the include file?  Is it something you can't setup • using
the L3P interface?

[ ... snipped ... ]

I have a include file that I use for lighting.  It defines a shadowless
light source that simulates the sun.  For instruction images the shadows
actually detract from the final result in my opinion.  So what I would like
to do is post process the generated POV files and delete the lighting
section and replace it with an include directive.

I could do this with a fairly simple Awk script if LPub had a facility to
pause between generating POV images and actually rendering them.

Mike

--
Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com

  Re: Sand Green and POV

Mike, LPub has always used shadowless lights for building instructions. 2.0.1.5 also has the ability to override ambient, diffuse and specular reflections default values created by L3P. I now turn reflections off, set ambient to 0.7 and diffuse to (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)
  LPub support for external POV post processors (was Sand Green)

Mike, I like the external POV post processor idea a lot, although I'll try not to use it as a catch all for denying LPub enhancements ;-) It would be a command line mechanism with command line arguments. I can see these things being possibly useful (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)