 CAD / 9299
Re: Sand Green and POV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 04:01:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Mike Walsh writes:

"Jake McKee" <sink@countersinkdg.com> wrote in message
news:H8zqBB.8By@lugnet.com...

[ ... snipped ... ]

Thanks for the info. I'm curious if there is a way to work around this
without changing POV code. I have been using LPub (and loving it) and of
course, can't modify the POV code.

[ ... snipped ... ]

Wouldn't it be nice if LPub had a feature to allow some user interaction or
automated process to run on the POV code it generates before it is rendered?

LPub already post processes the POV files quite a bit, so doing some more
might not be a bad thing.

I've thought about providing for a list of simple text substitutions, that
are blindly applied to the POV file, but these would be limited to within
one line of the file.

LGEO and POV-3.5 present problems, so a simple substitution of the include
of colors would be nice.

I would like to swap out the entire light definition area and substitute in
an include file I use for lighting.  It's a different problem but requires a
similar solution.

More items on the LPub wish list.  Users - they're never satisfied!  ;-)

What do you have in the include file?  Is it something you can't setup using
the L3P interface?

Mike

Kevin